Top 5 Autobiographies Every 20 Something Should Read
There are so many great lists out there of inspiring biographies that young adults should read and to be honest, I have probably read most of them. It is always amazing to read stories of ordinary people that turned their lives into something that they always dreamed of. Here is a list of my top 5 favorites so far:
1. Wild- At just 26 Cheryl Strayed was heading down a bumpy road. Her mother had just died, her family got split apart and her marriage had just ended. She had nothing to lose, so she decided to walk the west coast of America, from the Mojave Desert to Washington state, all by herself The entire eleven hundred mile journey is chronicled in this book, plus the life lessons it taught her. Be sure to watch the movie after you finish the book. Reese Witherspoon portrays Cheryl in such an authentic way!
2. Lean In- This is an autobiography of Facebook COO and one of Fortunemagazine’s Most Powerful Women in Business. She writes about her experience as a successful business woman and gives advice on changes women can make to a balanced and successful life.
3. Malala is the girl who campaigned for women’s education despite death threats and was actually being shot in the head. Malala’s story is an inspiration to live the life you love and take advantage of the opportunities you have.
4. Leave Your Mark- Aliza is a global fashion communications executive and Twitter phenomenon. She tells her story from struggling in the fashion industry to making her own career. She gives professional and some personal advice for how to start your own career. She is honest and inspiring.
5. Is Everyone hanging out without me? This is a hilarious autobiography about Mindy Kaling’s life. She is so observant and relatable that you could not help but be inspired by hearing about all the details of her life. You will not be disappointed with this one!