Text Tuesday: Resting Mad Face
My sister and I were having a conversation a couple of weeks ago about how people always think that we are mad when we can be as happy as can be. Then, my sister found an article about something called Resting Bitch Face online and apparently it is a real thing. The idea behind it is that when you are not smiling, people think that you are mad because of how your face rests. I have developed a fake smile that I use and a response to people that ask me about my mood. In my pictures, I can never do a serious look because I look like i’m angry or annoyed. Even though I only included a few pictures from my archive, trust me, there are many many more.
I’ve compiled a list of responses I get or scenarios that I have been in because of my RBF:
1. People are surprised to find out that I actually am a funny person.
2. People think I’m unapproachable when I go out.
3. My face hurts at the end of the day from trying to use my fake face.
4. People ask, “Are you sure you’re okay? “Are you mad at me.”I really thought you did not like me when I first met you.” ” Are you bored?”” Are you having a fun time?
5. I have to explain that I’m not mad, angry, bored, frustrated, or sad. That’s just the way my face is.
Does anyone else have this problem?
Disclaimer: I am not taking myself seriously in this post.