It’s that time again: Back to School Basics
It’s time for teachers, time for books and time to start the school year off on a great foot! On today’s lesson plan, I’ll be sharing my back to school basics to help you prepare for the coming school year. Even if your school days are over like mine, there are still great tips to freshen up your work week!
1. Lay out your outfits ahead of time– One of my friends told me that she set out her clothes on Sunday night for the entire week and so in the morning she saved time. I know this isn’t an earth shattering idea but I never thought to lay them out for the entire week. I usually just did it the night before for the next day but it was actually very useful. To add to that, during the summer, I laid out outfits that went together and took pictures of them so that I could see all of the options and clothes that I could chose from in my closet.
2. Get those inspirational photos ready– Get some inspiration pictures to hang in your locker, put on your desk, or tack onto your bulletin board. Pictures could be of your summer vacation, your friends, family, or your beloved pet. I like to have pictures of some of my former students as a way to remind me of great students that have brought joy to my work days.You can print pictures similar to these ones from companies like Shutterfly. They also have fun wall art like decorative decal stickers and glass prints.
3. Have all of your supplies ready to go- I used to be and still am a school supply junkie. I loved going and picking out new binders, dividers, pencils, etc. I would organize them in my book bag so many times and then feel a bit of sadness when I actually had to use them.
4. Make a Guilty Pleasures Emergency Kit– If you don’t follow any of my other basics, follow this last one. Put together a bundle of your favorite guilty pleasures (chocolate, favorite magazines,latest season of your favorite show) for the end of those back to school days or after you take a really important test. You have full permission to tap into your emergency kit and take some much needed time to escape the pressures and stress. Of course, if you are like me and find yourself “inventing” emergencies (What! Scandal isn’t new this week?!!) just give in and indulge. That is just fine.
5. Double Check that Alarm Clock- There is nothing worse than being late on your first day because your alarm clock stopped working over the summer or you accidentally set it for P.M. instead of A.M